Job Title: Combination Technician
Organization: Marne & Elk Horn Telephone Company (METC)
Date Posted: March 14, 2017
Description & Details
METC is seeking a full-time Combination Technician. If you are a self-starter who is detailed, analytical and puts a high premium on doing things right the first time and has excellent customer service skills, please apply today.
The qualified candidate should demonstrate strong diagnostic and problem solving skills, enjoy working outside and utilizing technology to enhance the customer’s experience with our products & services.
Duties would Include, but are not limited to
- Perform all non-supervisory plant operations as needed
- Install telephone, cable & internet products
- Maintain & service customer premise equipment
- Install underground service drop wire
- Install Network Interface Devices (NIDs)
- Perform initial wiring or rewiring at subscriber premise
- Activation of services
- Diagnostic and repair in plant and distribution facilities
- Locating of underground facilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to effectively communicate with public, co-workers and managers.
- Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Must be available for overtime, after hours call-outs or work during non-schedule hours.
- Must be available to work assigned schedules, including on call rotating schedule on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, as needed.
- Must be capable of heavy lifting.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be capable of working with and maintaining assigned tools and equipment.
- Must be neat in appearance, be able to write legibly, prepare and maintain neat and accurate records.
- Must be able to climb ladders, work on elevated platforms or in enclosed areas.
- A resident of one of our communities (Elk Horn, Kimballton, Exira, Brayton, Walnut, Avoca, Shelby, Minden, Neola, Underwood, McClelland or Persia) would be preferred.
AA in Telecommunications or Electronics Technology (preferred) or equivalent experience. Proficiency with computers and basic networking & troubleshooting is required. Experience and knowledge in residential networks and entertainment technologies is desired. Experience with the following: installation of telephone, broadband, IPTV, CATV and Fiber technologies is preferred.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
METC offers a competitive wage and excellent benefits including health, dental, life, retirement, vacation, holidays, sick leave, free or discounted telecommunications services and more.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Attn: Janell Hansen
PO Box 120
Elk Horn, IA 51531